Let’s blow this up big!
With the kickstarter pending (Hopefully November 6th!) My work flow has been completely disrupted. All new features are sorta on hold for the time being, and I’m working on only fixing bugs. Some of them small, some of them big. What does that mean? Well that mean’s it’s kinda hard to show off a bug fix. It’s just not that exciting.
Still, there are some things I can show! For example I’ve redone how the game handles parallax backgrounds to make it more efficient and completely accurate regardless of how big the level is, or the background image is:
I’ve also made damage to the ship feel a lot more… damaging. Here’s a ship getting blowed up :)
Keep your eyes peeled for more about the Kickstarter, alpha testing opportunities, and more!
Chipmunk2d was the physics engine I used for bitcrobes. Honestly, working with chipmunk was probably the easiest part of the process. I had it up and running pretty quickly early one when I still didn’t really know much about programming. I would love to use it for future projects, and I think its a great asset to new Unity developers looking for a no frills straight to the point physics engine for 2d games.
Special thank you to SA goon Mutata for spurring on a last minute push to donate to my kickstarter. We are now duly funded. I’m shocked!
I really want to turn game making into my life – and I feel like this is just the spark that’ll make it come true. I knew that with my kickstarter people were funding a dream, not a prize for themselves. I literally feel tears eyed knowing people want to see others succeed.
As for stretch goals: only 2.5 days left. If I can get $125 more (total $765) I can port to android over the summer!