Based in Based in Washington State, USA
22 May, 2015
Interstellaria is a realtime space exploration sim and crew management game. Far in the future humanity bravely wanders the galaxy for adventure, and for profit. You take command of a fleet of vessels as you face hostile starships, crippling space anomalies, and intriguing alien dialogue. You direct you crew to use their stations, repair hull leaks, or simply take a nap. In addition to exploring space, your ship can drop down onto the actual planets allowing your crew to gather valuable resources for you, or find certain doom.
Interstellaria is a a game designed to harken back to the old feeling of space exploration sims. Every game had its own mechanics, but they all shared the same sense of wonder and excitement. The feeling that you never know what's around the corner. Although Coldrice Games had worked on a few smaller projects, this is the first big project. Successfully kickstarter in November 2013, Greenlight on steam Febuary 2014, and signed on with Chucklefish as a publisher in March 2015.
- Tactical crew management. Direct crewmen to put out fires, or repair damaged equipment. Posting them to their station boost your fleets speed and combat abilities.
- Sims like crew. They eat, sleep, and need entertainment. Each one develops unique traits through the game that help or hurt the mission. Various outfits and weapons can be found to customize them further
- Fleet based combat. Instead of controlling a single ship, you control multiple ships each with their own crew
- Fully explorable galaxy, no areas are off limits. Each region has unique ships, aliens, and mysteries to find.
- Land your ships on planets! Each world is a new experience and has special rewards for you and your crew.
- Featuring an all original soundtrack from the incredibly popular chiptune musician Chipzel
Launch Trailer YouTube
Beta Trailer YouTube
Paul Soars Jr Plays YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "IndieDB top 100 indie games 2014" http://www.indiedb.com/events/2014-indie-of-the-year-awards/news/indie-of-the-year-2014-top-100
- "Interstellaria really made me stop and take notice"
- Laura Kate Dale, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "I'm as excited as Riker at a Parrises squares tournament"
- Dave Neumann , Pocket Tactics
- "I simply love all these space themed games coming out for Linux and Interstellaria looks to be one of the best."
- liamdawe, Gaming in Linux
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
An amazingly large sound track provided by the one and only CHIPZEL chipzel.co.uk.
About Coldrice Games
I am a solo independent game developer from Washington State, USA. I fill the roles of programmer, artist, game designer, business management, and never sleeping.
More information on Coldrice Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Game Name Credits
Art, Programming, Business management