Based in Based in Washington State, USA
Press / Business contact:
I am a solo independent game developer from Washington State, USA. I fill the roles of programmer, artist, game designer, business management, and never sleeping.
I began my path towards game development in May of 2012. With a child on its way I decided I needed to learn a skill that would bring in more income for my family - programming. I scrounged together the funds to buy a book on objective-c programming and began developing little iphone apps to practice. Without the money to buy a mac, I instead hackintosh'd my laptop. In order to further my skills I began building little games and found a passion for pixel art, programming, and game design. My foray into app development was cut short when my laptop completely died. Luckily with the aid of a very small crowdfunding campaign I was able to get a little f2p game out into the wild.After that..
many of my little projects at that time were just that: little. I decided I needed to build something bigger if I was going to make game development something more. I began prototyping a timer based mobile game named "Interstellar" at that time. The game eventually evolved into a real time crew management and exploration game named "Interstellaria." This game took off in ways I didn't expect, pushing my career as a developer forward at a breakneck pace. The game is now poised to be launched very soon on PC, and then iOS/Android tablets near the end of the year.
Beta Trailer YouTube
Scott Manley plays: Interstellaria YouTube
Splattercat plays: Interstellaria ( YouTube
There are far more images available for Coldrice Games, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "IndieDB top 100 indie games 2014" - http://www.indiedb.com/events/2014-indie-of-the-year-awards/news/indie-of-the-year-2014-top-100
- "Indies Crash E3 winner 2015" -
- "Indiemegabooth Official Selection PAX West 2015" -
- "Curse gaming BEST TRAILER winner" -
- "Interstellaria really made me stop and take notice"
- Laura Kate Dale, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "I'm as excited as Riker at a Parrises squares tournament"
- Dave Neumann , Pocket Tactics
- "I simply love all these space themed games coming out for Linux and Interstellaria looks to be one of the best."
- liamdawe, Gaming in Linux
Team & Repeating Collaborator