One of the last things left on the bucket list for Bitcrobes is music. We are currently running a Kickstarter to get a mac mini so I can implement sound a lot easier. I currently have all sound effects commented out because if I try to play any sound via the simulator, it crashes. Here’s how I have to test sound:
1) Un-comment the sound effects in the code.
2) create an ipa file of the program
3) Upload the file to drop box
4) Reset the laptop, boot up windows
5) Pull the ipa file off drop box, and put it on my phone via itunes
6) Write down any bugs I have with sound or things that didn’t work, boot into the mac side and fix it. Repeat from step 2.
It’s a really slow process. Very irritating even. Anyways, the man creating the music for Bitcrobes is Kane Hazzard, a indie musician. Here’s a link of some of the things he’s come up with so far!
In other news, ever since starting our kickstarter, interest in Bitcrobes has SKYROCKETED! Easily triple the hits on the site, nearly 500 unique views on the last video in a couple of days, and several messages on reddit, somethingawful, and kickstarter. neat!